About Me

My photo
A freelance eco-embroiderer

Wednesday 15 July 2009

TARA PROJECTS

Yesterday, Shazia Saleem ( a co-shared talent india friend) took me to see Tara Project ( Trade Alternative Reform Action Projects,) a co-operative who work with crafts people to generate fair trade products.
http://www.taraprojects.com/aboutus.htm
What an amazing place!

Here I met Moon, Deebak, a.k.a Ceaser, who intoduced me to Sajid- a hand embroider who I plan to create some designs for throughout my time in India.



Sajid worked so quickly with a nifty small tool that was very similar to a crochet hook. Sajid had a wide range of different threads that he worked with, I especially liked the kasab (metal wrapped thread) and the dabka (tight coiled metal thread.)

I look forward to creating some modern, abstract designs and working with Sajid to have them embroidered.

No comments:

Post a Comment